A diaper bag, like mamas purse, can become a bottomless pit. In fact, I just pulled a broken candy cane, some raffle tickets and a mini-pencil from ikea out of the bottom of mine this morning! So what items are really essential to go into that diaper bag? We polled mamas about Baby Essentials at our Every Little Step Baby Basics with walmart.ca. Here are some fabulous suggestions
1. Diapers! Whether you are a cloth or disposable mama you'll need at least four diapers in your bag. Plan one more than you think you'll need – you never know when it's going to be messy or you'll get caught out
2. Disposal bags. Stinky diapers are not cool – neither is leaving them behind without wrapping them up first
3. Wipes. A must have no matter what the age and stage of baby. They are a magical way to clean up spills, messy hands – oh and messy bottoms too.
4. Spare outfit. Let's face it diapers leak, things spill and it's essential to have a change of clothes in the bag. Consider keeping a spare outfit in a ziplock bag to condense it and keep it safe from any leaks in your bag
5. Snacks. Get used to these two words "I'm Hungry". A small container of finger foods can keep a fussy baby occupied too. Oh and Baby Mum Mums make a fast snack for mamas too…. Just sayin'
6. Feeding essentials. Bottles, Nursing cover, Nursing Pads, Spoons and Bib. Whatever the stage of your baby – make sure you're prepared for mealtime!
7. Baby Blanket. Whether you are headed to a play date, a program or just our for a walk – a blanket is invaluable for keeping baby warm or sitting baby on the floor
8. Diaper Cream. Rashes can strike at any time. Keeping a small portable diaper cream in your bag is essential
9. Amuse-me items. From a pacifier, to a lovey, a rattle – something to keep baby quiet while you sip coffee with some friends or wait at the doctors office.
What essential items make your list of must-have diaper bag items? Sound off below!